More Topics for Discussion
Our list of presentation and discussion topics continues to grow. If there's a topic you'd like to learn more about and don't see it here, please get in touch with us.
- Gut health and the importance of fiber
- The evolving science of gluten: what it means for your health and your diet
- The GMO controversy: fact or fiction? What is the science behind GMO health risks? What does this mean for your food choices? What are the clinical implications of consuming GMO foods?
- Understanding sugar and glycemic index. What does it mean? Why is it important? What are examples of high and low GI foods?
- Protein healthy v. unhealthy. How different proteins affect your health and risk for disease. How much protein should we consume?
- Acid forming diets: What are acid forming diets? Why might they be a health risk? what is the science behind alkaline diets?
- Fats—understanding the difference between healthy vs. unhealthy fats, the effects of fat consumption on your metabolism, and some suprising new science that may change how you think about fat in your diet
- The science of food addictions: Common foods that trigger habitual overeating and what to do about it
- Pro inflammatory vs. anti-inflammatory diets
- Organic or not? How to make the most of your budget to eat healthily